We just got our new delron seals in from Delmar for the gas valves that we have been working on sorting out. We tried making the seal out of peak, it was too hard and did not provide the seal that we needed.
Here is a pic of how we test them for suction. The valve has the delron seal in it, and it works great! Notice that my dad not only has a hard hat on, but he is also wearing some super flash resistant safety glasses.
With the sealing problem sorted out, it was time to test flow. This is a pretty easy thing to do. we installed an original valve in our original paint 1937 ulh tank and poured water into it. I turned the valve on and had jesse start a stop watch to see how long it took for the water to go out of the tank and into the sink. it took 2 minutes and 45 seconds.
Here I am testing the repro valve. Take notes on the proper safety equipment. Our valve needs some of the ports opened up. It took 22 minutes and 45 seconds to empty the same amount of water. This is nine times slower. Delmar and I already talked about which areas we could open up and gain more flow. Overall this project is going really well, and will be worth all of the effort we are putting into it. I am going to sleep better knowing that there are valves that seal, now we just have to get them to move more volume. Stay tuned.