Monday, March 14, 2011

oil tank and rod race tool


My dad picked up Jim's 38 oil tank today. It turned out really nice. We are waiting on the fenders to get straightened out. They should be done pretty soon. I love 38s, they are the perfect year for a stock knucklehead.


Here is a tool that I made while I was still in high school almost ten years ago. It removes the bearing races out of harley rods.

Here is a picture of male rod next to the race that just got pressed out of it. When you do this, you want to make sure that the factory stake marks are on the top! The only thing better than a cool tool is a cool tool that you make yourself.

Go check out this article that my friend Ed Youngblood wrote up about me for the Antique Motorcycle Foundation website. have a great night.

http://www.antiquemotorcyclefoundation.org/people.html

1 comment: