Tuesday, February 1, 2011

plating continues


Still working on the plating. Here are some hydra glide neck cups. To remove the race, you just run a bead inside of them and the heat pulls the race into itself, then it pops right out.


WHOA, a few of them had nasty grease and paint on them, which started on fire! it was intense.



HEre is a clutch arm that I scored for one of the 36s that we are doing. somebody bent it up a long time ago.

Here it is all straightened out and with some filler where there were dents and chips in the metal.



All sanded down and ready to use. It was a lot of work, but it is always great to make something out of nothing. there is a lot of other neat stuff going on, but I usually just take pics of what I am working on. hope all of you are having a great day.




2 comments:

  1. That race trick - hey, you can learn something new everyday - Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your welcome noot. I enjoy your site and learn things from it. I am glad I could give back.

    ReplyDelete