Thursday, December 30, 2010

order of operations


Here is a neat pic from last night. I installed #4, #3 and #2 cylinders and realized that I hadn't taken a pic of the motor, so I shot this pic. I guess I was just having too much fun.


Here they are all installed. On four cylinder motors, you want to leave the cylinders loose, and bolt on and tighten the intake manifold before you tighten the cylinder base nuts. This aligns all four cylinders to each other, then you have to tighten the unit to the case.



These cylinder base nuts are very difficult to get to. Lots of wrench flipping went on to get them all tight!




Ta DA!!!! This is so beautiful. I have to adjust the tappets, set the valves and install the magneto still, but it is coming along. I am going to finish machining the choke mechanisms first.

No comments:

Post a Comment