Thursday, December 30, 2010

misc. updates


My daddy bought 15 wheels this summer that were all rebuilt. Well the price was right, and every bike needs at leat two wheels, so my dad bought them. Anyways. I am building up the first set of them. The paint has to be redone, as well as all of the bearing fitment. It isn't that big of a deal. All of the parts are really nice so far. I took this picture to show the paint on the race, which is not a good thing at all. I guess everybody has different levels of skill and some people sweat more details than others.


The other issue that needed to be addressed was the black paint on the surface of the hub that the backing plate mounts to. This hub will be completely stripped, masked off properly and repainted.
My dad finished up the bottom end for Jim's 38. This is killer. I am so excited for this bike. Still not sure what color it is going to be. I guess I will find out soon. Check out the mid-late 38 oil pump.


Ray finished up the 65 transmission. It is really nice. I need to get a nos or repro filler plug for it, do you guys have any recommendation for where I could find one.



Next up in the trans department is Vern's 46 transmission. This transmission had no wear or damage to it, but was stored dry for 40 years, and all of the gears were rusted and un usable. Always make sure that there is oil in your trans!




No comments:

Post a Comment