Saturday, September 10, 2011

Stanley Miller Update



Here is a picture of my dad and Stanley Miller fixing my dad's 39, his sweatshirt got caught in the chain, and they had to cut it out of the drum and chain.


Stanley was t boned by a deer while riding his 36 a few days ago. He crushed a few vertebrate, cracked nine ribs, broke his shoulder and scraped up his right foot. He also got a lot of blood and swelling in his brain. He was wearing his helmet. He was flown to a hospital in Rock Island.



In the 48 hours since the crash, his head swelling has gone down, they have operated on his foot, and put plates in his ribs. He is on a ventilator and heavily sedated. It will probably be a few days until he can come off of it. I was told that he should be out of the hospital in a few weeks.


I love Stanley like family. We have traveled together a lot over the years and he has been a huge influence in my life. Everybody reading this should keep him in your thoughts and wish the best for him. If you would like to send him a card, he is staying at the St. Anthony's Church in Rock Island Illinois.

5 comments:

  1. Matt,
    I'm sending Stanley all the most positive energy that I can muster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best wishes for his speedy recovery. Deer are my biggest phobia when riding at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please pass on my best to Stanley ... ( the little time I spent with him left such a huge impression ) ... What crap news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep us all posted as to stanleys condition,we will all be praying for him. let me know if we can do anything. blue jay ,texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt, Anthony Rutledge here, so sorry to hear about Stanley, my family will certainly keep him and you guys in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted if not too much trouble under the circumstances. All the best to you and your dad during trying times for sure.

    ReplyDelete