Friday, June 24, 2011

fire in the hole and an amazing oil tank

Check out how nice the dash fits. man o man

Don swung up and picked up his 48 motor today and brought a cool oil tank to show us. It is a nos 37 oil tank. I have never seen one like this. I was amazed. It was the highlight of my week.


What an amazing opportunity to get measurements of where the decals are at. They are within a eighth of an inch from our original paint 37, so I guess it wasn't an exact science back in 1937. Check out how the border above harley is wrinkled or torn and placed back into the spot. SOOOO COOOL!

I took 20 or 30 pictures of this thing, but figured most of you would not be interested in seeing them. If you need a specific shot, email me.


I fired up Don's 42 today. It started on the first kick. His gas lines and air cleaner are off getting plated right now, so I put some donors on them. I like the way the six inch air cleaner looks compared to the seven inch one. It is all good though



I need a headlight bulb and a few other trinkets and I can start riding this bike.










No comments:

Post a Comment