Tuesday, May 18, 2010

fire calls and break in miles!


I started out my morning doing a bunch of grinding and welding. Then at 11:00 our volunteer fire fighter pager went off. There was a corn field and tractor fire six miles from the shop, so my dad and I hot footed over to the fire hall jumped in a grass rig and headed over to the fire. It was a four hour deal by the time it got contained and put out. I usually only go on grass fires and I am amazed at how hot old corn burns. Anyways, when I got back from the call, I took the new 53 out to put some break in miles on it. I went to the red rooster coffee house for a shake and sandwich and was pleasantly surprised to find a bunch of old people playing music. I guess they do it every Tuesday afternoon.


Here is the 53 after the first 20 miles! I have a couple exhaust leaks to address, adjust the shift arm, and tighten up the head bolts. It runs great and I am very pleased with the way it turned out. Now I can move onto the next one!

4 comments:

  1. Looks good with the horse! Nice job, guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. old people ?
    playing music ?
    imagine that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Matt. I see the horse won out.
    I'm anxious to see progress on the '47.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice '53! Gives me something to aspire to!

    ReplyDelete