Thursday, March 25, 2010

Some silly guy tried making clearance for a taller engine in his shovelhead frame with a hacksaw. This is what it looked like yesterday.

I cut out a rectangle and welded in a new .130 piece of metal for strength. This worked well and is a good fix

I also sorted out a tool box strap for a 38 that I am working on. For some strange reason I ended up with a couple extra og 36/37 tool box straps that didn't have a home, so I picked out the worst one to turn into a 38 strap. The spot welds are circled in this pic.

Here they are ground out.

And the finished piece. I already have it welded back on the frame, this is a good deal and will work well.

1 comment: