Thursday, March 31, 2011

dreams and drums

I found my old blueprint for my hoop of death stunt the other day. I think that this is a worthy cause, but I am a little gun shy of trying it after my cannonball crash. I think I will put it on the back burner for at least a few years. I had a dream the other night about how I am going to set my 36 up for the Alaska trip. I am going to put an xa fork on it, space up the transmission an inch for more ground clearance, make a higher volume oil tank that has a small battery spot, make up tubular framed saddlebag guards, install a round oil bath aircleaner, make up high pipes and put 19 inch wheels on front and back. It is going to be a super tough utilitarian looking knucklehead. I am so excited for this adventure. My dad told me that I was nuts and that he was not going to go, so I guess it will just be me and anyone else that is crazy enough to go with. Do any of you guys know where I could find an early wla oil bath aircleaner?
Todays battle is getting Randy's 52 back wheel to spin easily. I had an issue with the dust ring nog being concentric with the drum itself and rubbing on the brake backing plate. I will win, it is just a tedious process....

1 comment:

  1. I'm not certain that your dad is correct, you are not crazy....I don't think. Perhaps you should just back off on the pain medication a bit.

    ReplyDelete