Wednesday, May 6, 2009

chain guard fixture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


here is a pic of the fixture I made yesterday. I am a sucker for making jigs and fixtures to make my live easier.


This oil tank has already had the old chainguard tab removed, and the dents pulled. You can see the fixture in place.



Here is a pic showing how it holds everything in place. There is a .o80 long .5 step on the stud, that centers up the hole in the tab.




Here is the finished product, there is probably thirty percent more weld that a factory tab, on this tab, the customer says he wants to ride this bike all over the place. With that in mind, I decided to make it a little stronger than stock.

1 comment:

  1. Where do you get the mount? I have an oil bag with the mount hacked off also, so I will be repairing the bag just like you did. Why in the world do these idiots hack the mount off in the first place? I do not understand WHY these people get a nut hacking off the tabs. Paugho makes frames and chopper stuff Oh well. I had to replace the axleplate C-stand mounts AND the side hack mounts on my frame, not to mention the toolbox mount AND the damn tank mount. !?!?!

    ReplyDelete