Tuesday, September 13, 2011

cool tool and gunner lights

wow, i can't believe this day finally came. I cast up some of these tail gunner lights out of 1020 steel two years ago, and finally sold a set to my friend in Arizona. Original lights were made out of pot metal and broke all the time. I figured 1020 steel would be an ideal metal to make them out of.


I made a die for re shaping headlight brackets


Here is the bottom of it, it is pretty self explanatory



I am going to weld a bar onto the die, so that I can tweak headlight brackets around to adjust the way the light sits on the bracket.


This was squashed flat before I used the new tool on it. I love fixing stuff.


2 comments:

  1. matt you post the coolest stuff on here. thank you for taking the time to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sure your buddy in az will appreciate your attention to detail on the tail-gunners.

    ReplyDelete