Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sears and 45 bobber


Well folks, I finally reached over a 100 followers which is amazing, I started this site just to document projects and keep in contact with customers. I hope that you guys have picked up some valuable info over the last year and also that you continue to enjoy the nerdy little details that I get so excited over. I have been making a ton of progress on the sears. this pic is a couple days old. My front fender is fit up and ready for paint.


Here is a pic of the giveaway bike. If you want to see the entire build of the bike go to www.antiquemotorcycle.org and check it out on the forum section. This bike is entirely made up of parts that were donated from amca members all over the world. Our club ran an essay contest last year that gave the parts and shop time away to teach a 18 to 24 year old us citizen how to build their own bike. anyways, Ryan Mackey from Ohio won it and is flying in tomorrow afternoon to finish it up. Hopefully my sears and his bike will be done for sturgis. we have reinforcements coming in throughout the next week and i think we can pull it off. wish me luck

After sturgis I am going to knock out another neat 45 bobber that I have been looking forward to doing for a long time. Both of the bikes are going to be amazing, so stay tuned if you dig wls



this is what a knucklehead oil pump looks like on a sears. crazy stuff! I still have to set up the belt drive for it and nickle plate the lines, but you get the idea. The only thing original on this bike is the mag, cases, intake manifold and cylinders. Everything else was made by my friend and me! What a project!

2 comments:

  1. That 45 is lookin righteous brother!!! You and Ryan are kicking ass!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, many thanks for keeping us updated on all your projects. I look forward to the updates, especially now while re-habbing my new knee. I hope to see you in D-port (even if I have to drive my truck)
    ~Rick

    ReplyDelete