Thursday, April 1, 2010

the archives! lol


I was cleaning out some stuff and found my old note book, this is over eight years old. I restored a 54 st for a guy in southern south dakota and these are the plating notes. What were you doing when you were sixteen? I probably should have been hanging out with friends, playing basketball or huffing glue, but I wasn't I was riding all over the country with my dad and John and thinking about motorcycles.
What were you doing when you were sixteen? Please fill me in.

I took another amazing picture of duke catching a pancake yesterday. He kind of un hinges his jaw and eats the pancake in one bite. He is truly a magnificent and amazing dog.



Here are some nice notes on a 44 fl, I am not sure how many of you out there are working on one of the 172 fls produced that year, but if you are this will probably help you.




continued

2 comments:

  1. Matt, at age sixteen I was building my first bike (42wla) in seceret. My parents forbid me to own a motorcycle, so piece by piece, I collected and hid parts in crawlspace under the house! Eventually, I had enough to build a complete bike, brought the parts out and assembled them, while my parents were out of town for a week...and rode for the first time! When parents got home, they were mildly pissed, but also impressed. I was able to keep the bike! That was 1972. Big Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working on a 1944 EL :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete