Tuesday, March 23, 2010


I spent most of the day ordering parts with my dad, but Idid get a chance to do some fun metal projects. Here is the bottom of an oil tank bracket. They have a tendency to completely wear off on the bottom. I usually like to leave as much of the og bracket as I can, so sometimes I just make up a piece to fix what is already there.
s

Here is the piece roughed out, the material thickness is a hundred thousandths.



I like to leave it a little big and grind it later.




And the finished product! This is a good fix.





Then I welded up a bunch of cracks in a 42 inner primary. Usually I would have scrapped one that is this rough, but it has been with the bike since new and I like a challenge. I still have some grinding to do then it is off to the painters.

No comments:

Post a Comment