Thursday, September 10, 2009

VARD FRONT END!!!


This is the coolest part that we scored at Davenport. This is an original vard front end. I have only seen one other one in real life. This is such a neat front end!!!!


The triple trees are bronze, and have an offset built into them, just like offset forks. It looks a little exaggerate in this pic because of the taper that is built into the sand cast fork covers.



Here is the all business shot. this front end is the coolest. Check out the special flanders risers. I have a set of n.o.s. hellings and stellings bars that I am going to run with this front end.

2 comments:

  1. Matt, I have a set of original instructions for installing the Vard fork on a Harley. It shows how to cut the HD springer fender among other things, they are a little rough but I will scan them and see how they come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt,

    I might be wrong, but I don't think that you can run the hellings and stellings bars with a flanders set up. I think the tubing on Flanders bars is round, and the Hellings is a bit ovalized. The might not fit well in the riser clamps. I tried it on one of my dads bikes and it didn't seem to fit right. Let me know how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete