Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Taillight/centerstand clip/ license plate bracket hole layout

The owner of this bike had one of his friends replace the center section of the fender with new metal. It was an ok repair and is not noticeable once the fender is painted, but the holes for the tail light are missing.
First I masked off the fender, found the center line of the fender. Then I did some layout, it helps to have an original fender to go off of, I used the fender flap from a 1940 rear fender. In this pic the holes have been layed out, and the .125 center holes have been drilled.


This is what the finished product looks like. I left the tape on the fender when I drilled the .250 holes. You have to be careful not to drill into the tire. I can attest to this statement, because I have done it. Be careful when you pull off the tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment