Wednesday, January 27, 2010
I set up the primary on Doug's 36 yesterday. It turned out really well. This is the same clutch that was in my 36 when I first built it, so I know that it works well.
My dad trimmed out the ferner's fenders. We went over the strips with a scotch brite pad to give them a brushed finish. I am very happy with how they turned out and think that the bike looks 100 times better with the strips on.
Here is the other side. I still have to sort out the rear brake and hook up the clutch and shifter, then I am going to fire it up. I will try to take a video of the occasion.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Here is Tim's License plate. I also received some tailgunner waxes in the mail today. I am not really sure where the best point to Mount them is. Give me some input guys and let me know what you think. Do you like the four light look, should there be more?
Maybe we should mount them on the mag? I am trying to keep an open mind and keep it custom!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Here is a wax that I just got a couple days ago. This is a repair piece for broken right cases
HEre are five more, and the original sample. The cast piece will be very big, but it is always better to have extra material as opposed to not having enough.
I started working on a batch of 36-38 clutch pedals and brake pedals today. They needed a little bit of cosmetic welding, but they turned out well.
I basically just put some filler rod in where the seam was on the part. The welds are already sanded away and un detectable! these will really confuse somebody in 100 years lol.
I am grinding on a late 47 frame today and harvesting all the castings. This is one of the floor board tabs. It has the standard xe 760 that shows up on almost all og tabs.
But look at this side. This is the first time that I have ever noticed a hallmark-2 on the other side. This is a neat detail.
Here is a 38 clutch pedal that we just fixed up. I am doing a 36 pedal the exact same way tonight. Making the custom repair pieces maintains the factory peened over pin on the side of the pedal that you see. This is a cool fix!
Here is a cylinder for a knucklehead bobber that we are working on right now. Check out the fins! they are so neat!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Here is a mold from a 1914 right side sears axle casting. Check out the little u hall mark.
I finished welding the tabs on this bullneck today. I retubed the frame from the seat post forward. It was a pretty messed up chopper frame when it got here. I am happy with the way it turned out.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Holy moly, This was the worst cylinder out of the batch, it turned out well.
I made an arbor to turn fins out on the lathe!
Here is the same cylinder, It was a lot of work, but it turned out well. You will not be able to distinguish the new fins from the old ones once it is nickle plated!